Replication Server Licensing Options:
- CPU License Model: With the CPU License Model, the entire machine is licensed for internal and external users regardless of the number of processors on which the software is installed or running. All cores/processors on the machine must be licensed.
- Purchasing Guidelines:
- Purchase one CP/DT License for each physical processor/core on the machine.
- Single-core machine example: To license 2 single-core machines with 4 single-core processor CPU's, 8 CP licenses must be purchased (2 machines x 4 cores each).
- Multi-core machine example: To license 2 multi-core machines with 4 dual-core processor CPU's, 16 CP licenses must be purchased (2 machines x 8 cores each).
- Only the machine(s) running Replication Server (and Options) need(s) to be licensed under the CPU model (not the target and source).
- Replication Server can be licensed using the CPU License (CP) model even if the corresponding ASEs are licensed with the Networked Seat or Concurrent User models.
- Every machine that runs a Replication Server Base (or the Option components) should have licenses for Replication Server (and the corresponding Options, if applicable) for the appropriate number of cores/processors.
- A minimum of two (2) CPU licenses (CP), or the number of CPUs that reside on the machine, whichever is greater, of Sybase Replication Server - Real Time Loading Edition must be purchased per machine on chich the product is used.
- Networked Server/Seat License Model: Licenses a Server and Networked Seats for internal use only.
- Purchasing Guidelines:
- Purchase one Server License (SR) for each machine.
- Purchase the appropriate number of Seat Licenses (ST)
- A minimum of two (2) Replication Server Server licenses (SR) are needed to support replication (i.e., one for the server providing the source of the data and one for the server that is the destination for the copy of the data).
- The number of Seat Licenses (ST) purchased for Replication Server must be qual to the number of specific, identifiable, unique user input/output devices that directly or indiretly access the database(s) (ASE or non-ASE) used with Replication Server.
- All Rep Server Options must use the same pricing model as that of the Rep Server Base; if Replication Server is priced by CPU, the Options must be priced by CPU; if Replication Server is priced under the Networked Seat model, all Options must be priced under the Networked Seat model.
- For more information on Sybase License Models or License Types, go to Sybase License Info or License Definitions.
- For more information on Replication Server product-specific terms, go to Product Specific License Terms.